There is value in being organized

Monday, March 7, 2011


The theory behind my latest design is simple: there is value in being organized. 
As the mother of four, the demands are plentiful when it comes to my bag. It can’t be too large nor too small, as I use one bag for my handbag and the diaper bag. I like pockets inside and out. It must be comfortable to carry and look good on my body. 
Hence the inception of what I like to call my “Go! Mama Go!” bag. This particular design was made to hold the exact contents of my diaper bag/purse:
--2 pull ups
--1 hard case travel wipe container
--2 pens
--hand sanitizer, lotion, mints, lipstick, etc. 
--checkbook and wallet
--keys
--phone
--large coupon file
--water bottle
--coloring book and crayons
--change of clothes for Isabel
I incorporated 15 pockets sized to fit these items perfectly. Shorter than most messenger bags, the strap is padded and sits comfortably on my shoulder without slipping. I love that and it looks oh so fab!
The messenger flap secures via two silver tone snaps. There are 3 pockets tucked underneath the flap which are ideal for those items I like to keep close at hand, such as the phone. The rear exterior pocket is great for coloring books and other papers. 
Uncharacteristic, at least for my personal bags, I selected the same material to craft both the interior and the exterior. The crisp look this provides furthers the cohesive element I was aiming for in my quest for organization. This particular print, by Amy Butler is from her Midwest Modern 2 collection, and is well suited for the application with its fresh geometric design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment