Bag No. 365

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello. This is bag number 365. The first in a line of one of a kind "OOAK" patchwork bags which I am planning to sew from the oodles and oodles of fabric remnants I've been selfishly hoarding.


The  next bag in the sequence will be bag 364, then 363, and so on. No two bags will be the same. And, many of them will be crafted from fabrics which have been discontinued and/or are near impossible to find.


A challenge of sorts, my goal is to make one new patchwork bag per day. I will be showcasing each and every bag here; in addition to listing them in my Etsy shop.


I am looking forward to this project for several reasons. First and foremost, I love patchwork. It nurtures my creative soul. Second, I have amassed far too many bits and pieces of fabric. When I look at the bins which behold this beautiful collection of material, I am reminded of the Shel Silverstein poem about Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout who refused to take the trash out. While by no means trash, my bits are taking up more than their share of space in the studio and one day would likely pile to the ceiling as I too refuse to throw them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment