Isabel's first Watermelon Wishes purse

Wednesday, June 8, 2011


My youngest is a collector --- of random things --- which she carries with her everywhere we go. One week it might be the 12 new pairs of socks and the next week hair bows, crayons, greeting cards, etc. It makes her happy, so we oblige. 

A couple of weeks ago, she was toting a collection of hot wheels in one of those cute plastic bags a popular sandwich shop gives out with their kids meals. As she was climbing into her car seat, the handle gave way to the heavy load and her cars spilled out into the driveway. Oh --- the drama. 
It was then, my eldest daughter remarked how ironic it is that Isabel has to carry a shoddy bag when she could have a Watermelon Wishes bag. (I know! Right?) 
I explained how much she liked the size of the little one and that was what appealed to her, not the material, blah, blah, blah, Before you knew it,  I was cutting up the little plastic bag to make a template for her new designer purse...



You can see, she loves it. And, that makes me 'sew' happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment