We relish the dinner hour

Monday, January 11, 2010


If you have children, then you know how trying the dinner hour can be. Enough said.

Last month I read a blip in Real Simple magazine about a menu planning service called "Relish Relish". After my sister joined and Facebook'ed her love for it, I had to check it out.

What I discovered is that this service has the potential to theoretically change my life. For just seven bucks a month, I am guaranteed 5 great meals a week. I joined right away and love it! To date, even my pickiest eater (age 8) has gobbled up her dinner.

Once a week, I select my 5 favorite meals and print out the pdf file they prepare which includes a grocery list (sorted by category) and the week’s recipes (most of which require 5 steps or less).

I especially love the comprehensive grocery list, because I can pull my coupons ahead of time. I keep all of the recipes in page protectors and filed in one of my fabric covered three ring binders for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment