Create a wall of inspiration

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I love consignment shops. You just never know what you may find. My late Grandma Bonnie, the ultimate collector, believed wholeheartedly that "one man's trash is another man's treasure." While I don't take my collecting to the extreme, like Grandma *might* have, there is absolutely value in reusing, repurposing and recycling.

One of my favorite thrifty stops, is "The Very Thing Consignments" in Haymarket, Virginia. On a recent visit, I happened upon a sweet book of quotes. Collecting words of wisdom ---to fill my soul and randomly spew at my offspring--- is yet another passion I have.


Inspired by the thoughts inside, I knew this little book should be mine and I knew exactly to do with it.

Admittedly, my daughter, Megan was a wee bit surprised as I began separating the spine from the pages. At least until, I told her she could select her favorite quotes and a colorful frame for each.





Pleased with her work, we used double stick tape and arranged them randomly on an otherwise barren wall; which will forever more be known as "our wall of inspiration".




"Make something good today" and "Work hard and be nice to people" are my favorites. How about you?






No comments:

Post a Comment